Best Night Light Update Coming Soon!
Hello and Welcome!
Let me start by saying a massive “Thank You” to all the Best Night Light users who took the time to fill in one of our surveys.
We had a much larger response than we planned. It’s taken us a day or two longer than expected to process all the results.
So after much reading through store reviews, and the results of the survey, here is the official road map of what is coming in the new version of Best Night Light!
Best Night Light Roadmap:
- Better Timers – Adding the timer to all Light modes, as well as Improving both the range and making it easier to set the timer.
- More colour choices – We’re improving the range of colour choices in Night Light mode. We’re adding the ability to select which of the colours of the rainbow the Mood light shows. And we’re adding a few more Lava Light colours as well as the ability to create your own!
- Brightness control – Unfortunately, we have no access to the actual screen brightness setting of your device. But we have enabled a method of making the screen dimmer though. You can still adjust your devices brightness by swiping down from the top of the screen. (on most Androids)
- A new and improved look – You asked for a more modern look, and that’s what we hope we’re giving you!
- For those of you who don’t like the adverts, we’re adding not one but two ways for you to remove them!
- Battery saver mode – Sacrifice a little bit of performance for longer battery life.
Stuff which didn’t make it this time
The survey also showed us that 15.8% of those who answered the “How can we improve Best Night Light” question, said that it was perfect just the way it was. 🙂 There were also worryingly 5 people who asked for things which have already been added! We’re hoping the new design of the app makes it easier to find things.
Sadly, due to time constraints/language limitations the following things won’t make it into this update.
- Chromecast – As cool as it would be to have the Lava light running on a 72″ 4k TV, it’s not going to happen this update.
- Sounds/Music – There’s a small chance that these may make it into the planned update in some limited form. If not, they are definitely top of the list for the next version.
Estimated Release Day
Work has already begun on designing the new layout. We aim to have the update done and published by the 1st of July 2017, but will make regular blog posts to keep you informed.
If you want to keep informed with our progress with the update, and any other news from the Warriors of the Cucumber, then please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Google+. Don’t forget to bookmark our site as well. 🙂
If you can’t wait for the official release and don’t mind helping us test the new version then join our team of Beta testers. Just send us an email >here<
A Final Word…
Ok, so once again thanks for downloading and using Best Night Light, if you haven’t already then please give it a rating and a review on the store where you downloaded it from. And remember to follow us for more news.